Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Graffiti Blogging

I am strangely fascinated by graffiti. I often am intrigued by the messages--or lack thereof--people choose to scrawl on walls. So I photograph them. Note that I do not condone vandalism. I just find it fascinating the sorts of things people are willing to risk hefty fines for.

Graffiti comes in all shapes and sizes.
Some is optimistic:

p1010036

Some is political:

p1010037

Some merely inexplicable:

p1010038

Nature leaves her own graffiti:

p1010039

"We don't want our children viewing any of this trash!":

p1010040

This is a rather detailed painting on a brick outside the Physics Building:

p1010041

The text reads: "If you were a candy bar, you would be a Mars-Bar, because U would be out of this world!"
...and...
"Is your refridgerator [sic] running?"

Interesting sentiments.

No comments: